Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rome Quotes

"All who rule, therefore, should hold in honor the holy name of God, and one of their chief duties must be to favor religion, to protect it, to shield it under the credit and sanction of the laws, and neither to organize nor enact any measure that may compromise its safety. This is the bounden duty of rulers to the people over whom they rule. For one and all are we destined by our birth and adoption to enjoy, when this frail and fleeting life is ended, a supreme and final good in heaven, and to the attainment of this every endeavor should be directed."

-Leo XIII

1 comment:

  1. Sorry- I live in the US, which is a secular republic. And my "rulers" should stick to keeping the roads in good repair and making sure that there are mail deliveries and other basic services. Let me worry about the afterlife on my own time and on my own dime.

    ReplyDelete